15 Ways to Appreciate the Little Things in Life
- Waking up in a safe, warm place and realizing you are alive, breathing and have a new day in front of you.
- Watching the steam coming off of a hot cup of coffee or tea before taking the first sip.
- Soft morning light coming through the windows.
- The intricate detail of trees and the way they sound blowing in the wind.
- The joy and presence of your pets as they go about their day and how happy they are when you give them your attention.
- The quiet chatter of other people in a coffee shop, on a train or bus.
- When someone genuinely asks how your day is going.
- The sound of a loved one’s laughter.
- Having access to nutritious, delicious food.
- The ability to move, think, read and write.
- Curling up in your pajamas to watch a movie or read a book.
- The scent and glow of a burning candle.
- The calming sensation of watching water flow by.
- Hugging a loved one.
- Taking a deep breath outside in the evening (no matter the temperature).
This reminds me of the song, “Count Your Blessings.” Sing along and be blessed!
These are just a few ideas. Take a minute today to notice and be grateful for the small things! Make a list of your own and SHARE IT with us or someone you love to spread positivity.