Now is the time to begin planning a Christmas celebration that is meaningful, engaging, and interactive for your family, church and business! Whether it is volunteering, sponsoring, or inviting others to join the excitement, Christmas Tour 2017 will make this Christmas come alive in a unique way for all ages!
Koinonia Senior Care, a non-profit ministry, is partnering with Oxford Senior Living at New Market to create
a drive-through Old-Fashioned Christmas Tour
at 3051 N. Parkdale Circle (between Maize & 119th St. W. on 29th St. N.)
December 8-10, 15-17, and 21-23
OLD FASHIONED TOUCH
● Listen to some of our senior friends sharing childhood Christmas memories, via radio frequency.
● Christmas carolers, dressed in old-fashioned attire, will be singing familiar songs for all to enjoy.
● Illumination sacks and lampposts are the Christmas lights of choice for this old-fashioned setting
WELCOME PACKET: As you enter, each car will receive
● a program, including our sponsors, poems, the Christmas story and more
● an angel cut-out to be filled out with a name of your loved one and hung on our “In Memory of” tree or “In Honor of” tree at the end of the tour
● a poem and a Voter’s Choice ballot to select your favorite Christmas card, and
● an envelope for KSC donations to be easily turned in at the end of the tour or dropped in the mail.
THE TOUR: Tune in your radio to the station on the yard sign to listen to senior stories from Christmas past.
Your drive begins with life-sized Christmas card displays depicting illustrations from each stanza of the popular children’s Christmas story that begins ’Twas the Night before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore. The cards are painted by student, amateur and professional artists in our community. Vote for your favorite on the sheet provided.
Keep driving north to the Star of Bethlehem and view the Christmas child in a live nativity. Take in the simple, humble surrounding of the night. Embrace His presence and the peace and joy He gives. Kids will be challenged to find Shepherd on the Search for Jesus as they look out their car windows. Tell Santa or Mrs. Clause where you saw him and receive a special treat!
Driving back down Parkdale Circle, you may find carolers and/or some old-fashioned items that jog your memory of Christmas past.
The tour ends with Santa and Mrs. Claus greeting you and collecting your ballot, your paper ornaments, and donation envelope if leaving a tax-free donation.
Santa’s helpers will put your paper ornament(s) on the appropriate In Memory of tree and/or In Honor of tree after you fill out the name of your loved one. This concludes our tour. Merry Christmas! Be safe driving home!
● Call or email Christine at 316-209-9028 or email@example.com
● Volunteer Perks: “warming house” access w/photo op, snacks, mingling w/residents and opportunity to purchase a commemorative Christmas ornament. Free shuttle ride to/from Sams to Oxford Senior Living at New Market
Koinonia Senior Care:
Enriching the lives of homebound seniors and their caregivers and encouraging our community to join us!
Mailing address: 13303 W. Maple, Suite 139, PMB #128, Wichita, KS 67235
firstname.lastname@example.org ● 316.209.9028 ● www.kscare.org