Five R’s of Coping as Caregivers
- REORGANIZE- Reorganize your life. What do you need to focus on at this time? By reorganizing your life, you can better structure your needs and the needs of others.
- RETHINK- Rethink your priorities. What is most important to you? By taking a good look at what is most important in your life, you can focus and channel your energy in that area.
- RELAX- Find relaxation in exercise, hobbies, meditation. What is the best way that you can find peace? By finding a method of relaxation, you can recharge your energy so that you will be better able to face daily challenges.
- RELEASE- Let go! What can you let other people do? By taking a good look at what others can do, you can ask for and accept assistance.
- RENEW- Spiritual renewal helps us cope as we invite God to join us as we serve our loved ones. Listening to positive, encouraging music, and listening to a sermon on the internet or radio can lift your spirits and give you a fresh perspective. Don’t forget to talk to God throughout your day, too. He wants to hear from you and come alongside you in this journey.