About the Tour
Koinonia Senior Care invites you to join us in front of
Oxford Senior Living at New Market
At our 2nd annual drive-through Old-Fashioned Christmas Tour
at 3051 N. Parkdale Circle
(between Maize Rd. & 119th St. W. on 29th St. N.)
December 14-16 and 21-23
NOTE: The art displays can be viewed throughout the month of December, but the special events mentioned below are only available during the above dates and times.
OLD FASHIONED TOUCH
- The program holds the stories of some of our senior friends’ Christmas memories of when they were young.
- Christmas carolers, dressed in old-fashioned attire, will be singing familiar Christmas songs for all to enjoy.
- Illumination sacks and lampposts are the Christmas lights of choice for this old-fashioned setting
WELCOME PACKET: As you enter, each car will receive
- a program, including our sponsors, poems, the Christmas story, many senior stories of childhood Christmas memories and more
- an angel cut-out to be filled out with a name of your loved one and hung on our “In Memory of” tree or “In Honor of” tree at the end of the tour
- a brochure and envelope for KSC donations to be easily turned in at the end of the tour or dropped in the mail.
Your drive begins with life-sized Christmas card displays depicting illustrations from each stanza of the popular children’s Christmas story that begins ’Twas the Night before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore. The cards are painted by students and amateur and professional artists in our community.
Keep driving north to the Star of Bethlehem and view the Christmas child in a special nativity. Take in the simple, humble surrounding of the night. Embrace His presence and the peace and joy He gives.
New to our artwork this year is Charlie Brown and Linus, answering the question, “Isn’t there anyone who knows what Christmas is all about:” You may even see Snoopy!
The tour ends with Santa and Mrs. Claus greeting you and collecting your paper ornaments, and donation envelope if leaving a tax-free donation to Koinonia Senior Care (it can also be mailed) Santa’s helpers will put your paper ornament(s) on the appropriate In Memory of tree and/or In Honor of tree after you fill out the name of your loved one.
This concludes our tour. Merry Christmas! Be safe driving home!
Please visit our FACEBOOK page @ OldFashionedChristmasTourWichita to learn more or to comment and SHARE with your friends!
Make this Christmas celebration meaningful, engaging, and interactive for your family, church and business! Whether it is volunteering, sponsoring, or inviting others to join you in a drive to see the sights and sounds of Christmas, this Old-Fashioned drive-thru Christmas Tour will make your Christmas come alive in a unique way for all ages!
VOLUNTEER SIGN UP or QUESTIONS:
- Call, text or email Christine at 316-209-9028 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteers receive a shuttle ride to/from Sam’s Clubto Oxford Senior Living at New Market
- Volunteer Perks: “warming house” access to photo opportunities, snacks, and mingling with the residents
Koinonia Senior Care: Enriching the lives of homebound seniors and their caregivers and encouraging our community to join us!
Christmas Tour Flyer
Sponsors and Donors
The shepherd’s field
|The young guns putting up the fence||The experienced guns completing the fence|
|Welcome to the tour, Charlie Brown! Look for more characters next year!||Thank you to all the guys who took a day of Thanksgiving break to put up the big stuff for the tour||
Santa and Mrs. Claus
Won the “2017 Voter’s Choice” and was painted by Renee Nolan
Painted by a resident of Oxford Senior Living
Painted by students at Maize High School
Christmas Tour Highlights
This is a video of Sunday evening, December 16, 2018’s drive-thru “Old-Fashioned Christmas Tour” with our guest carolers from Eisenhower High School Choir and Maize South High School Choir. They brought joy, singing and smiles to passersby and residents alike. Tourists received a program upon entering this DRIVE-THRU and enjoyed 51 art displays painted by 21 local artists with the first 15 cards depicting the poem “Twas the Night Before Christmas.” They experienced a special nativity and finished with more sights, carolers, an “In memory of” tree to add their angel ornament to and a visit from Santa to each car window with a little gift for each child.